Sunday, May 8, 2016

New Kitchen Gadgets

I have a back-up of posts due to midterms, my Research Proposal, and revising manuscripts, so there is going to be a barrage of things coming out. First off, I bought some new toys for the kitchen. The first is an Infusé.


So far I've just made lime water and lemon-lime water. I want to try fresh berries once they are in season. It comes with a tea infuser as well, and a piece you can freeze then attach to keep stuff cold without watering it down. I may try making sangria with it at some point, too.

The next thing, and one I'm really excited about, is the Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker.


It's a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, and it steams, simmers, sautés, and browns. I made aubergine stew in it the other night (recipe to follow soon). I started off by sautéing the onions, garlic, and eggplant, added the rest of the ingredients and slow cooked it, then added some garbanzo flour and let it simmer to thicken...and I only had to clean one pot!

I've also ordered a few things from Twisted Chef: Poached egg cups, an avocado tool, and a greens stripper. They should be here next week. Right now I'm going to finish my lunch (leftover aubergine stew), work on a couple of recipes for y'all, and possibly make chicken stock (30 minutes in the multi-cooker!). Eat well!

No comments:

Post a Comment