Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day 0 - Test Meal

Although I don't officially start the diet until tomorrow, I decided to make a test meal tonight.


Half an avocado, a carrot, a stalk of celery, a small cucumber, a pear, 1/2 cup of curry couscous (Near East brand), and 1/4 cup toor dal tadka, and a glass of red wine. I messed up the portions just a bit, but in a good way. The recipe for toor dal tadka gave me 6 more 1/2 cup servings, so that's 6 dinners or 12 lunches. The couscous was left over from last night. I based the portions on the 2000 calorie maintenance plan as I have not received the lower calorie meal plans yet.

I going to make quinoa tonight since I have no sort of grain (other than white rice, a no-no) for breakfast tomorrow. I guess I could eat the couscous, but curry at 8:00 a.m. just doesn't sound good. I think some raisins with the quinoa will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment