Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 2

Walked 2 miles again this morning and ran into "my kitty." This is a beautiful tri-color cat who lives in the neighborhood. Very friendly. He always comes out to greet me when he's around. I, of course, had to stop to give pets.

I went to the store today to get some more fruit, and a few things for a potluck on Saturday. I stopped at Bazaar as well to get some more spices, Halal ground lamb, pumpkin seeds, and dates. They were out of paneer so I'll wait until this weekend to make palak paneer. I found a recipe for raw buckwheat porridge, which I'll link after I make it and try it. I also found one for spiced breakfast quinoa. I'll do both of those at some point this week. I'm still gathering the ingredients for chick pear falafal as well. That may be a weekend thing. Breakfast and lunch today are going to look (sound) familiar. I remembered to take a picture of dinner tonight, but forgot about lunch. I didn't eat until after 3:00 and I was HUNGRY!

Breakfast:


Quinoa with dried cherries, almonds, an apricot, V-8 juice, and coffee.

Lunch consisted of toor dal tadka, buckwheat noodles, half a green pepper, a carrot, a rather stubborn nectarine, and cardamom tea.

Dinner:


One-quarter of a peach-whiskey glazed Cornish hen (left over from the weekend), a pear, roasted garlic couscous, and a salad (fresh herb blend, celery, cucumber, Parmesan cheese, Greek seasoning, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing). With the obligatory glass of red wine.

I'm feeling snacky tonight, so we'll see if I can resist.

1 comment:

  1. The Co-op has paneer! =) We've also made it, but it's a little time-consuming... but very tasty! nomnomnom... Your delicious blog is making me hungry. =P Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete