Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shift of Focus

Since you've had two week's worth of pretty much every meal, you get the idea. I won't be posting every meal from here on out. I'll limit myself to the highlights, lowlights, cheats, progress, set backs, and new and interesting recipes.

In that vein, the only thing interesting that happened on my walks for the last few days was that I saw my first snake since moving to Oregon. It was a wee garter snake, but, as far as I'm concerned, it could have been a 10 foot cobra. I have extreme ophidiophobia. The number of cats long my route seems to be increasing as well.

I made Slow Cooker Irish Oatmeal the other day. I highly recommend this recipe! The only change I made was substituting agave for the brown sugar, and decreasing the water by 1/4 cup.

Oh! In the second week of the diet I lost 1.8 lbs. Not stellar, but the ebook says 1-2 lbs per week, so I'm right on track. On the flip side, I seriously cheated last night and ordered a pizza. However, I ordered a medium, thin crust with light sauce and the only meat was grilled chicken, nothing processed like pepperoni, bacon, or sausage. At least I showed some restraint.

Off to throw together something for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment