Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Days 7 and 8

Yeah, I've been slacking at blogging. Sorry. On the bright side, I've made some good stuff. So good that I've been forgetting pictures some of the time, but I've included recipes. I'm sure you'll forgive me.

Day 7 Breakfast:


Raw buckwheat porridge (made according to the recipe, minus the chia seeds, sweetened with agave nectar, added half a banana), half a banana (gee, wonder where that came from), hazelnuts, V-8 juice, and coffee.

Day 7 Lunch:


Cod fillet, couscous, dates, palak paneer, and club soda with lime (I'm switching to seltzer water due to the sodium content in club soda).

Dinner Day 7:

Yeah, here's the picture I forgot.  Finally made falafel (which I've been spelling wrong but was fantastic. Followed the recipe but used garbanzo and fava flour. I had to use twice the amount called for to get the balls to stick together. No giggling from the peanut gallery), tahini yogurt sauce for dippping, brown rice curry, salad, and a glass of read wine. No fruit as I was already too full. There are no proportions given for the tahini yogurt sauce, so my advice is to start with the yogurt and add tahini to taste. About 60/40 for me.

Breakfast Day 8:  Same as Breakfast Day 7, substitute almonds for the hazelnuts.

Lunch Day 8:


Hummus with spiced lamb (left over from the potluck), flat bread (white, unfortunately), celery, carrots, a nectarine, and club soda with lime.

Dinner Day 8:


There's the falafel! Tahini yogurt dipping sauce, couscous, a salad with avocado, a pear, and a glass of red wine.

For total disclosure, I'm having two glasses of red wine a day, one with dinner and one after. I think I will make peanut ginger tofu for Day 9 dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment