Sunday, August 3, 2014

Starting Down the Path

I've made the decision that I really need to lose some weight, and start eating better. After doing a bit of research, I've settled on the Mediterranean Diet. I'll have to start slowly as I refuse to throw out everything currently in my pantry. Since I like Mediterranean/Middle Eastern food anyway, I can use a lot of what I have. I also need to start walking again. I'm going to start with 2 miles a day, preferably in the morning. Maybe that will encourage my body to be hungry so I can eat a big breakfast like I'm supposed to.

I went to the co-op and Bazaar today to stock up on chick peas, toor dal, quinoa, buckwheat, almonds, hazel nuts, and various fruits and veggies. I've also been searching for recipes. I can do without meat as long as the meals have flavor. The hard part is going to be cutting back on my wine consumption (at least it's part of the diet!) to two glasses a day.

I'll post progress, meals (with pictures), etc. here. I haven't decided if I'm going to bother with scale or not. I don't like them and they don't really tell you anything. How my waistbands fit is more of an accurate gauge for me. So, I'm set to try to lose about 25 lbs (see, already it's about the scale). I'm going to try my first meal tonight. Positive thoughts would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment