Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Day 1

I ended up watching a movie last night (Dreamgirls) and forgot to post. Yeah, yeah, I know, great way to start day one.

Anyway, I got up at 7:00 a.m. and walked 2 miles first thing. It actually did make be a bit hungry. By the time I was done puttering around and showered, I was ready for breakfast.


Quinoa with raisins, hazelnuts, an apricot, and V-8 juice. Not pictured is a cup of coffee. I'm still using salted caramel creamer because, as I said, I'm not throwing out everything.

I did cheat a bit and had a glass of ginger ale when I got home from the lab. I wanted to finish it off before it went flat, so that is now out of my fridge. Lunch:


Toor dal tadka, half an avocado, two pickles (probably not the best choice due to the sodium content, but they ARE vegetables), a red plum, buckwheat noodles (not Mediterranean, but both buckwheat and pasta are on the grains list) tossed with a little EVOO and garlic powder, and glass of cardamom tea.

For dinner, I decided to combine everything into a salad. This was more because I couldn't decide on a vegetable than because I was trying to be creative. On the plus side, it was so good I forgot to take a picture of it. It consisted of: chopped romaine, chopped fresh herb salad blend, a bit of Greek seasoning, half a pear, a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, a handful of sliced black olives, a cup of curry couscous, and half a cup of chick peas which I simmered in homemade vegetable stock. I also made a vinegar and EVOO dressing. Oh, and a glass of red wine, of course.

I had a second glass of wine after dinner, and broke down and had a whiskey and soda while watching the movie. I also had a handful of almonds late in the evening to try to combat a headache. That seemed to work.

I received my "custom meal plan" and I am very disappointed. To follow it to the letter, I would need to buy a juicer, a toaster, lots of tropical fruit (um, I live in Oregon), and eat things I'm not fond of, like bananas and baked sweet potatoes. Additionally, the calorie totals for the day are over 2,000! I understand that if you drop your calorie intake too far your metabolism decreases and weight loss slows, but over 2,000 calories sounds way too high to me. Dinner also included dessert, which I don't eat. So, I think I'll just stick to the Mediterranean (plus the other things I come up with from the list) diet for at least a week. If I don't notice any weight loss, I may try the custom meal plan with a few modifications to avoid unnecessary expenses.

And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment