Sunday, August 17, 2014

Days 11 -13

Sorry for the delay. This time, it wasn't laziness, but a combination of having tummy troubles and the suicide of my cousin. We weren't close, but it was a blow to the family. I couldn't make it back to Indiana for the funeral, but I wanted to be sure my mom was OK, since I'm sure she made most of the arrangements.

I didn't walk on Thursday due to, as I said, tummy troubles. After getting up and spending half an hour in the bathroom, I decided it would probably not be a good idea to try to leave the house. I didn't even go into the lab that day. I didn't walk on Saturday either...pretty much due to laziness. It's hard for me to get up at 7:00 and walk when: a) I don't have to be anywhere and b) Matt spends the night. But enough about that. On to food.

Day 11: Nothing much more than chicken broth, soda crackers, rice, and tea. Not really picture worthy.

Day 12 Breakfast:


Spiced quinoa with dried cherries, hazelnuts, dates, V8 juice, and coffee.

Day 12 Lunch: Hummus, flat bread, a nectarine, and seltzer water with lime. I ate while I was doing other things, so no picture.

Day 12 Dinner: The last of the peanut ginger tofu, brown rice, toor dal tadka, and a glass of red wine.

Day 13 Breakfast: Same as yesterday, but with almonds and a pear.

Day 13 Lunch: The last of the falafel (with some yogurt for dipping), couscous, and seltzer water with lime. This was a standing lunch again.

Day 13 Dinner:


Grilled chicken thigh seasoned with salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence, brown rice curry, grilled vegetables with 8 spice seasoning, and a glass of red wine.

I made some homemade chicken stock this weekend, so I have plenty of it and vegetable stock for the time being. I have made a slight change to the diet as well. I'm increasing the lean proteins and decreasing the whole grains just a bit, to cut back on some of the carbs. I have lots of chicken thighs, cod fillets, and turkey burgers in the freezer. I also need to figure out what to do with the rest of the ground lamb for a "treat" sometime soon...I wonder if I could make shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment