Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 3

I walked my usual 2 miles this morning. No kitty today. If I'm not careful, I'm going to finish listening to the entire Dune saga before summer is over. OK, it's up to 19 books, so maybe not. Went in search of the Indian market today, and finally found it after a botched attempt. The only thing I got there was paneer. Since Market of Choice was across the street, I went there for spinach, parsley, cilantro, tofu, heavy cream, ginger root, and garlic. I now have almost everything I need for 3 new-to-me dishes. I still need cooking oil, and I may invest in an electric skillet, or maybe just a candy thermometer so I can check oil temperature. We'll see.

I made spiced quinoa for breakfast for the next couple of days. I can't share the recipe due to copyright restrictions, but I can tell you it's full of cinnamony-nutmegy-gingery goodness! Today's post is short on pictures for two reasons: Breakfast was pretty much a repeat and I didn't eat lunch. I got so busy at the lab and running errands that it was 5:00 before I got home, so I just decided to make dinner and snack on some corn tortilla chips this evening.

Breakfast: See Day 1 and substitute dried blueberries for the raisins. Boring, I know.

Lunch: As mentioned, it didn't exist today.

Dinner:


Greek turkey burger with lettuce, cheese, onion, pickle, mild pepper rings, and Dijon mustard on a whole wheat bun, half a green pepper, a carrot, a red plum, and a glass of red wine (look, Ma, no fork!).

Tomorrow I'm going to try my hand at palak paneer. I'm still deciding on what to do for a grain. Maybe I'll break down and get some brown rice (I have a metric ton of white rice I'm not sure what to do with at this point). More cooking adventures to come, including something special for a potluck on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment