Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 5

I had the most bizarre thing happen to me today (yesterday). As I was starting out on my walk, a gentleman coming the other direction wished me a good morning, stopped, and handed me a four-leaf clover saying, "Here's a little extra luck for you today." Only in Oregon.


I broke down and bought a scale today. As I am not working out, and I know about where I'd like to be weight-wise, I figured it would be OK. I'm not going to be a slave to it, but I'd like to check my progress now and again. I also go the rest of what I needed for falafal...and realized I forgot to soak the chick peas. I guess that will be a Sunday thing. I forgot to soak the buckwheat groats for porridge as well. I also bought some cod for something different, which ended up being dinner tonight.

Breakfast: Same as yesterday, with hazelnuts instead of almonds.

Lunch:


The rest of the Cornish hen, half a green pepper, half a small cucumber, a carrot, a plum, couscous, and cardamom tea.

Dinner:


Cod, brown rice curry, a nectarine, a salad (just greens this time) and a glass of red wine.

For the potluck, I'm making hummus with spiced lamb. I'm sure my diet will go down the tubes tomorrow, but I'll get right back on it Sunday. Have a great weekend, readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment